I want to buy a house; what questions should I be asking?
Buying a home is a big investment. You should always come prepared with a list of questions to ask about your next potential home. Here are some common questions to ask:
- Has There Ever Been a Busted Pipe?
- How Old is the Roof?
- Any Infestations of Termites, Carpenter Ants, or Other Pests?
- Any Pets Buried in the Backyard?
- Any Paranormal or Nefarious Activity?
- What are Monthly Utility Costs?
- Has the Sewer Ever Backed Up?
- Is There Documentation on Warranties?
- How Much Insulation is in the Attic?
- How Big is the Water Heater?
- When Was the Last Time the Septic Tank Was Pumped?
- Will My SUV Fit in the Garage?
For more tips, visit Houselogic.